Monday, June 21, 2010

Rep. Kasich: A Portrait of Faith, Friendship


By Mark Martin
CBN News Reporter
Monday, June 21, 2010
John Kasich, a former nine-term Ohio congressman and presidential candidate, is a man with a sound business mind.

As chairman of the House Budget Committee in the 1990s, Kasich worked to develop the plan that balanced the federal budget and gave America its largest government surplus ever.

In his latest book, Every Other Monday: Twenty Years of Life, Lunch, Faith and Friendship, Kasich shared a much different side of his life: his heart and faith.

The book draws from Kasich's candid discussions with men he calls his "Bible guys."

"In 1987 my parents were killed by a drunk driver. And I had to make up my mind whether I really thought God was out there. And if God is out there can I connect with him?" Kasich told Fox News' Sean Hannity in a recent interview.

"And at the same time, I got seven or eight of my buddies and said, 'Look, you go on a parallel path and I'll join you,'" he said.

Together, they have asked life's toughest questions and shared experiences in a Bible study for more than 20 years.

Former Rep. John Kasich will talk more about his new book and faith journey on the June 21 edition of The 700 Club. Click play to watch the interview.

No comments: